The software function for creating a surface profile enables your machine to measure and automatically compensate for uneven areas and tolerances on the surface of your blanks. The 3D probe is used to create a Z-measuring field, which automatically adjusts the programmed Z-height during the milling process and thus corrects the measured material deviations.
For example, you use the Z-measuring field for engraving on convex surfaces or for milling blanks with uneven surfaces.
- Quick and easy height compensation setup
- Precise measurement of the surface profile with the integrated XYZ probe of the DATRON machine
- Automatic compensation of the Z-height by the DATRON next control after measurement
- Convenient activation and deactivation of the Z-measuring field in the user interface
- No adjustments in the milling program required
The following software functions are included:
- Intuitive input dialog with immediate help function for convenient setup of the Z-measurement field
- Automatic calculation of height correction after measurement
- Status icons indicating whether the Z-measurement field is active
- Calling the setup cycle also from the milling program (SimPL)
- Innovative and convenient camera set-up cycle with the optionally available camera Feature
Not in combination with the rotary axis.
If you wish to upgrade a current DATRON CNC machine with these features please contact your sales representative.