TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Diverse role incorporating a number of responsibilities including:
- Sales Support – Working alongside the Sales Manager, and across the business as a whole, you will be dealing with current and potential clients to demonstrate and present the benefits of the high precision machinery. This will normally be at customer meetings in Milton Keynes, or visiting customer premises throughout the UK.
- Application Engineering – CAD / CAM programming, preparing customer demonstrations, training and support to aid in the efficient use of the machinery.
- Small amount of basic service work – limited fault finding, repair, installation and commissioning.
- Plus: Occasional work at exhibitions.
You will be a qualified Mechanical Engineer (apprenticeship / HNC / ONC / Degree etc.)
Any exposure to working with customers – demonstrating / offering technical support / service would be of benefit. At the very least you should want to build a career as an applications engineer within small, growing company.
You should have some experience (from work or education) of CAD / CAM software – for instance: Fusion 360, Solidworks, Mastercam etc. You should also have an understanding of CNC milling machinery.
Datron range of CNC Machine. Core products are high speed precision milling machines. Very high quality German manufactured equipment.
Markets: Aerospace, Automotive, Prototyping, Electronics, Engraving and Print markets.
- Advertised at up to £30k ‘initial’ package
- Circa £25k - £28k base
- Office based in Milton Keynes.
- Car allowance or company car.
- Bonus (quarterly) paid based on company performance.
- Holiday + stats in line with HMRC
If you feel that you may be a likely candidate please send your CV here»