Benefit from our know-how and our product variety:
With around 3,400 installed milling machines worldwide and the know-how in high-speed machining that has grown over 20 years, DATRON is the specialist in the field of 'milling with small tools'.
The special feature: DATRON milling tools are not only compatible with DATRON's own milling machines but also with a wide range of machine types from other manufacturers. Discover the complete DATRON milling variety!
The production of dental milling cutters on state-of-the-art fully automatic milling machines enables a consistently high quality and performance for your manufacturing process in the dental laboratory. Our solid carbide cutters are not only compatible with DATRON's own milling machines but also with a wide range of machines from other manufacturers. If you need a special tool that you cannot find in our standard range, we offer you the possibility to manufacture individual milling cutters according to your specific requirements. Specially optimized for high-speed machining, our high-quality coating - for example with diamond, DLC or X.CEED - results in particularly low wear and long tool life.
With more than 25 years of experience in the field of tool manufacturing, we now currently deliver over 350,000 cutters per year to more than 10,000 tool customers worldwide. More than 4,600 DATRON machines alone help our national and international customers, who appreciate our many years of machining expertise as a machine builder and at the same time tool manufacturer, to work productively and economically.
For your individual production requirements, we offer a wide variety of products in our comprehensive (online) range. Our milling tools are characterized, among other things, by the combination of excellent cutting edge geometries, optimum coatings and high-quality solid carbides.
For your production success in practice, laboratory and industry, we are constantly expanding our product range. Practice-related demanding milling tests in our own technology center create the basis for meeting consistently high production requirements in the long term. Thus, we can fulfill the quality promise "Made in Germany" - often underlined by the patenting of special DATRON cutting geometries - for you.
Our sustainability-oriented corporate structure is reflected in many immediately noticeable customer benefits for you:
- Fast delivery time and high availability
- Sound tool advice (both on purchase and in application)
- Individual tool service (special tools)
- OEM Business, Neutral or with Private Label
- Compatibility with all current dental milling machines
- Very good price/time/milling quality ratio
DATRON diamond coatings offer you unique machining advantages:
- High hardness and chemical resistance
- Unique material properties (multilayer diamond coatings)
- Excellent performance potential when machining highly abrasive materials
- The combination of over 10,000 HV and coefficient of friction of 0.15 guarantees long tool life
With the DATRON DLC coating, you continuously receive optimal machining results, especially when milling zirconia:
- High hardness and layer adhesion
- Alternative for zirconium machining
- High thermal stability and first-class wear resistance
- Very sharp cutting edges and best cutting quality due to particularly thin and smooth DLC layer
- Very good adhesion and high density
Optimal for high-speed machining even of hard materials:
- Hard and strong coating adhesion
- High oxidation resistance and thermal stability
- Especially for high-strength and difficult-to-machine materials CoCr and titanium
- All-rounder with excellent wear resistance
- High thermal shock stability and hot hardness
- Performance profile significantly improved through optimized process parameters and modification of the coating structure
- BALINIT® ALCRONA is the new top all-rounder in metal cutting
- Optimum layer adhesion
- High thermal shock stability
- Good chip removal and high tool stability at the cutting edges
- Highly stressable and smooth surfaces make it ideal for tools exposed to high machining temperatures