DATRON AG is a publicly traded, internationally successful high-tech company in Mühltal-Traisa near Darmstadt.
Our product portfolio covers CNC milling machines for high speed milling (HSC-milling) and 3D engraving, dental milling machines for the efficient processing of all common materials in dental laboratories, dispensing machines for accurate and quick bonding and sealing, tools for high-speed processing and after-sales services such as training, support, accessories and the sale of spare parts.
Our products excel at their high degree of innovation and their strong focus on the customer’s benefits. Since almost 25% of our employees work in R&D, we can respond quickly to new market trends and processing of future-oriented materials such as composites. The modular design of DATRON machines allows them to be configured for individual customer requirements. DATRON equipment is more energy efficient due to its innovative lightweight design, and is therefore more cost-efficient than comparable machines with a same level of performance.
DATRON AG is the market leader in Germany for machines engineered for front panel and case machining, and also a technology leader in the production of highly precise, accurate-volume dispensing machines.
DATRON AG employs about 235 people in Germany and maintains a worldwide distribution network in over 20 countries.
"If three fundamental pillars at DATRON can be defined, the first is our employees, the second our employees and the third our employees. They are the foundation of all DATRON products designed, developed, manufactured and finally sold to our customers. The ultimate success of the company is entirely the work of our outstanding team."
Dr. Arne Brüsch was appointed chairman of the board of DATRON stock company in 2008. After his training as a banker at Dresdner Bank AG in Darmstadt, he studied management at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt. Immediately after completion of his management degree, he took his doctorate in business and social sciences.
Dr. Brüsch then started his employment with the former Datron Electronic GmbH (now DATRON AG) as an authorised business officer and was appointed chief executive officer in 2002.
"The participation of employees in the success of the company is one of the central aspects of our sustainable company strategy. Their passion, power of innovation and loyalty to DATRON AG can be seen with the large number of shareholders among employees."
Michael Daniel was appointed to the board of DATRON AG as CFO in September of 2013. After his training as a banker at the Stadtsparkasse Lippstadt, he studied management at the private FHDW business university in Hanover, focusing on financial services, and completed his studies with a degree in management. After a brief period at an investment bank in Frankfurt am Main, he founded PCI AG in April 2000, a management consultant focusing on equity capital. He was the CEO of the company until his appointment at DATRON AG. As a member of the board at DATRON AG, he is responsible for finance, Investor Relations and, since July 2020, Sales and Marketing.
"Our employees live the technical progress and identify themselves completely with our innovative products.
Our customers owe their passion for technology to our pioneering and smart products for successful use under real conditions."
Dr. Robert Rost was appointed Chief Technology Officer of DATRON AG in September 2019. After studying mechanical engineering and obtaining his doctorate in mechanical engineering, Dr. Rost gained practical experience in independent industry and at the Institute for Production Management, Technology and Machine Tools at Darmstadt Technical University. Since joining DATRON in 2016, his main focus has been on promoting forward-looking technologies and the technical development of the company.
Dr. Thomas Milde
Certified and Tax Accountant
Management KOPP Schleiftechnik GmbH
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Eberhard Abele
Head of Institute PTW Darmstadt
50 years passion for technology
- Graduate engineers Pichl and Schulte establish DATRON-Electronic KG
- Development of electronic components and equipment-related software
- The company's name is changed to DATRON-Electronic GmbH
- Development of the first DATRON CNC milling machine
- Expansion of the portfolio to high-performance dispensing machines
- A new generation takes charge: Dr. Arne Bruesch is appointed as Managing Director
- Sale of the 1000th DATRON CNC milling machine
- TOP100 Award as one of the 100 most innovative German midsized companies
- TOP100 Award as one of the 100 most innovative German midsized companies
- "Familienfreundlichster Arbeitgeber Südhessens” (Most family-friendly employer of South Hesse) Award by the IHK (Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- The company’s name is changed to DATRON AG
- Dr. Arne Bruesch is named “Hessischer Unternehmer des Jahres“ (Hessian Entrepreneur of the Year)
- Top Job award as one of the best small and medium sized German employers
- DATRON enters the dental equipment market
- Development of a new innovative machine control system
- Development and market introduction of the high-precision, high-performance M10 Pro milling machine
- Expansion of the production capacity at the Darmstadt location
- Development and launch of the new 5-axis D5 dental milling machine
- DATRON D5 receives a Red Dot Design Award 2010
- IPO in the Entry Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- TOP100 Award as one of the 100 most innovative German small and medium sized companies
- "Deutschlands Kundenchampions 2011" (Germany's Customer Champion 2011) award
- Development and launch of the 5-axis simultaneous milling machine C5
- Expansion and transfer of production to Darmstadt
- DATRON receives "Ethics in Business" seal of excellence
- Dr. Arne Brüsch is appointed as Member of the European Economic Senate
- Global market launch of DATRON's high-speed milling machine M8Cube
- DATRON receives iF Design Award 2013 for its M8Cube and is being honored as finalist of "Großer Preis des Mittelstandes" 2012
- DATRON receives Red Dot Product Design Award 2013 for the high-speed milling machine M8Cube
- Establishment of the subsidiary DATRON France SAS in Annecy
- Michael Daniel becomes CFO at DATRON AG.
- Introduction of dental milling machine DATRON D5 Linear Scales for high-precision machining of dental implant prosthetics
- Development and introduction of the large-scale CNC milling machine DATRON ML Cube
- DATRON receives the ZIM award of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy 2014
- Establishment of DATRON Dental GmbH for the launch of DATRON Dental Materials
- Launch of DATRON's compact dental milling machine D1 pure
- DATRON receives a Red Dot Product Design Award 2015 for the D1 pure
- Presentation of the wide format industry milling machine DATRON MLCube with linear scales (LS)
- DATRON celebrates company anniversary: 40 years at the Mühltal-Traisa site
- The consulting firm Munich Strategy Group (MSG) ranks DATRON among the most innovative SMEs in Germany (DATRON achieved position 30), published in an independent study at the end of 2015, and further ranked DATRON as a TOP 100 company
- DATRON AG received the "Customer Champion 2016" award
- Launch of DATRON's entry- milling machine DATRON neo
- DATRON receives Red Dot Product Design Award 2016 for DATRON neo
- Thomas Frank becomes CSO at DATRON AG.
- DATRON received the "TOP 100 Company" award
- Opening of the DATRON Technology Centre in Ramsau / DATRON Austria
- Foundation of DATRON Tool Technology GmbH
- 50th company anniversary
- First DATRON Tech Day
- DATRON receives Red Dot Product Design Award 2019 for the DATRON MXCube